Monday, December 19, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Cookies


Do you remember when I posted this recipe for cake batter cookies? Well, I posted it almost a year ago and it is the recipe that gets me the most hits on Google, Pinterest, and various other sources. I guess it's safe to say we love some cake batter cookies 'round here! With that said, right after I had the baby my mom came over with various groceries. One of the ingredients that found its way into my cabinet was a box of chocolate cake mix. Well, hello there cake mix, we'll be good friends...

I kept saying that as soon as I could "get it together" the first thing I was baking was chocolate cake batter cookies with peanut butter chips. The other day Landon was being a perfect little baby and I decided to tempt fate be brave and try to bake while the little bug napped. Luckily for me I basically finished making these just as he was waking up. The whole time I was feeding the baby I was staring at these cookies on the cooling racks, salivating, dying to try one. By the time he finished eating I basically ran to the counter to try them. They were so stinkin' delicious. They taste almost like brownies crossed with cookies. Can there be anything better? Nope.

Source: Adapted from All Recipes

Ingredients:
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup peanut butter chips
1/4 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
1- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2-In a medium bowl, stir together the cake mix and baking powder. Add eggs and oil, then mix until well blended. (It was a bit crumbly for me so I used my hands to really mix it well- it's not as smooth as typical dough.)
 3-Stir in peanut butter and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
4- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.  Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

5 comments:

  1. Yummm. I happen to have all of these things on hand. I know what the next thing I'm baking will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Goodness. I will definitely be trying these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm.. I just made these using dark chocolate fudge cake mix.. DEVINE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm.. I just made these using dark chocolate fudge cake mix.. DEVINE!

    ReplyDelete