Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chicken Florentine Puffs


If someone were to steal my laptop they'd probably think I was a total freak. My whole desktop is covered in pictures of food- pictures ready to be blogged, pictures ready to be edited, and pictures that are already blogged but haven't gone "live" yet. It looks like chaos but I understand what it is. With that said, I rarely switch up my order of recipes to blog because I try to keep some order to the desktop mayhem. I wasn't intending to post this recipe yet, but when I posted a teaser picture on my blog's facebook page I knew from the responses I had to bump this recipe up. I could have been mean and made you all wait, but I couldn't wait either- I made this recipe two days after I found it!

This was really delicious; I described it as a healthier Hot Pocket. It was so easy to make and best of all used mostly ingredients I already had with the exception of the gruyere cheese. Best of all it was a nice change of pace from our typical dinners. We both loved it and purposefully paced ourselves so we could freeze half of this for another night.

Source: One Lovely Life (I just discovered this blog and I'm obsessed- check it out!)

Yields 8 puffs

Ingredients:
1 box puff pastry (2 sheets)
10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
1 roasted red pepper
4 ounces cream cheese
1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
2 cups cooked chicken, diced
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 egg
1 tbsp water

Directions:
1- In a bowl combine the spinach, red pepper, cream cheese, gruyere, cooked chicken, garlic powder and salt. Stir well until everything is well incorporated.
2- In a separate bowl beat the egg and water together.
3- Roll out the puff pastry. Cut each sheet into 4 squares. Spoon 1/8 of the filling into the center of each square. Brush two sides of the square with the egg wash, then fold the puff pastry over the filling to create a triangle. Use a fork to press down and seal the triangle. Brush the top of the triangle with egg wash and sprinkle with salt.
4- Transfer the triangles to cookie sheets covered in parchment paper or silpats. Bake at 300 for 18-20 minutes, until lightly golden.

**If freezing, allow them to cool completely, then wrap tightly and store in a freezer safe container. Reheat at 400 for 15-18 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. These look wonderful! hehe Whenever someone grabs my camera to see pics they get so dang nosy and all of a sudden are like 'is that a casserole?' or 'are these tacos'? i'm like 'are you a trespasser?' geez!

    Anyway - can't wait to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! These sound delish! May have to make these tomorrow night..

    ReplyDelete