Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Spicy Tomato Compound Butter


I've said it before but red meat isn't my thing. If I never ate a steak again I'd be fine. John, however, loves a good steak. Once in awhile I suck it up and make him his precious steak... I think of it as fair since I make him eat so many vegetarian pasta dishes. Typically I either marinade the steak or just grill it and call it a day. The other night I wanted something "fancier." We go to this steakhouse by us that always does interesting things with their steak and I've seen them use several compound butters so I decided to try my hand at compound butter on a steak. I personally didn't try this but John loved it. I mixed some in with the zucchini and it was tasty on the veggies. This butter could be used on steaks, veggies, tossed in pasta, spread on bread... the options are limitless!

Source: Slightly adapted from  A Good Appetite

Ingredients:
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
Pinch of Cajun seasoning
Pinch of kosher salt
3 sun dried tomatoes, diced small
1 clove garlic, grated using a microplane
2 tbsp. butter, softened

Directions:
1- Combine all of the ingredients and stir well until everything is well incorporated. Refrigerate until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment