Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Baked Garlic Green Beans


Green beans are pretty high up on my favorite vegetables list. Particularly when they are very thin. Yum yum yum. My local Italian deli had some beautiful green beans last week so I grabbed a bunch and then turned to google to find something interesting to do with them. When I stumbled across this recipe on All Recipes I decided it was a great starting point.

I had just recently received these mini cast iron skillets for my birthday and was dying to use them. I know green beans aren't traditionally cooked in a cast iron skillet, but I figured why not?! Plus, anything in little individual serve ware is more exciting. Once John and I dug into these green beans we were both thrilled. The crunchy panko topping offered a nice contrast to the soft green beans. I really liked the vinegary garlic taste as well. Big winner- we will definitely have these again.

Source: Adapted from All Recipes

1.5 cups cleaned and trimmed fresh green beans, steamed until firm
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1.5 teaspoons white vinegar oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon panko
1 tablespoon fresh shredded parmesan cheese

1- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a small baking dish (or individual bake ware) with cooking spray.
2- Toss the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and some salt and pepper together. Add the green beans and stir well.
3- Combine the panko and parmesan cheese.
4- Place the green beans into the pan. Top with the panko/cheese mixture.
5- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until heated.
**I placed them under the broiler for a minute just to get them golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment