Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Favorite Salad


Whenever we go to events with this one set of family friends there is always this amazing salad there. I finally asked who makes it, what's in it, and why it's so darn good. Since the first time I made this salad I have made it over and over again. I could just eat it all day. I love how the feta softens into the lettuce, I love the simplicity of the oil and vinegar based salad dressing, and I just love the pleasant taste. This salad is essentially like Greek salad but it's missing olives. Add in some olives and that's where you'd be. Love it- give it a shot with the last of the summer produce.

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
2 heads of romaine lettuce, diced
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, washed and dried
1 small cucumber, cut thin
Red onion, cut thin (as much as you like)
1 small container reduced fat feta cheese
Croutons
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
Salt
Pepper

Directions:
1- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, tossing.
2- In a small container, combine the EVOO and red wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Shake well to combine.
3- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss to coat.
4- Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. I have been all over trying new salads lately, this looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete