Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Red Pepper-Feta Dip



I am sorry I've disappeared! I have honestly been barely cooking. Well, that's a lie- I haven't been cooking anything new. I will be making some good stuff in the next few days so I will hopefully not disappear again!

John and I went to a BBQ on Memorial Day and were assigned to bring an appetizer. I decided to do a duo of dips, spinach dip and this red pepper-feta. I wanted to make something a bit lighter with a veggie base so I thought this would be a nice recipe to try out. It went over really nicely! I didn't hear everyones remarks because I didn't sit by the dip all night, but two people came up to me to say they loved it. I though it was quite tasty. However, I modified the original recipe to make it a bit lighter (added 2 more red peppers and used a bit less feta) and what I found was that it was too runny. If I were to make it again I'd follow the original amounts listed in the original recipe. Therefore I am posting the original because while mine was tasty it wasn't the right consistency.

Overall, this is a unique dip. The cayenne pepper gives it some heat yet the red peppers add some sweetness. It's a nice contrast. Definitely worth a shot.

Source: Rachel Ray Magazine, May 2010

Yields 1 cup of dip

Ingredients:
2 jarred red peppers, drained and chopped
6 ounces feta cheese (I used reduced fat with no problems)
2 large cloves garlic, chopped
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper

Directions:
In a food processor puree the red peppers, 3/4 of the feta, garlic, and cayenne.
Pulse until smooth.
Transfer to a dish, top with the remaining feta.

No comments:

Post a Comment