Monday, January 25, 2010

Crispy Sesame Shrimp


I love shrimp. Particularly if they are breaded and fried- oh gosh... yum. BUT, I try not to eat fried food too often and needed to find ways to cure this craving for fried shrimp. I found this recipe from a random google search and thought it sounded interesting. It was really quite tasty. When I pulled the tray out of the oven I called John over because they were so beautifully golden with perfect pink tails. I was in foodie heaven looking at that platter. Next time I make these I would make an Asian glaze to drizzle over then because I think it would complement the flavors nicely.

Random side note- one of my students calls shrimp "scrimps".... how cute is that?! He always says "I had scrimps for dinner!" Never shrimp, or even shrimps, but "scrimps." I have yet to correct him, I guess that makes me a bad teacher haha!

Source: Group Recipes

Ingredients
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp garlic powder
3/4 c herb-seasoned stuffing mix (such as Pepperidge Farm), crushed
1 tsp sesame seeds
14 large shrimp, peeled & deveined (about 3/4 lb)
Cooking spray
3/4 c herb-seasoned stuffing mix (such as Pepperidge Farm), crushed
1 tsp sesame seeds
1 large egg white, lightly beaten

Directions
Step #1 Preheat oven to 425°.
Step #2 Combine the first 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
Step #3 Place the egg white in a small shallow bowl.
Step #4 Dip shrimp in egg white, & dredge in stuffing mixture.
Step #5 Place the shrimp on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
Step #6 Lightly coat shrimp with cooking spray.
Step #7 Bake at 425° for 15 mins or until golden.

** 4 points for 7 shrimp

1 comment:

  1. Looks delish...I will be making these soon...I agree, an asian inspired glaze will be perfect with it and some yummy brown rice!

    ReplyDelete