Saturday, January 23, 2010

Balsamic Roasted Potatoes



I often buy those big bags of potatoes from the grocery store because they come out to be priced about the equivalent of buying a couple potatoes for dinner. The problem with those bags is that I always end up needing to quickly make them before they spud out of control. I saw this recipe and instantly knew they would be perfect for us. As I started making these something shocking happened- I RAN OUT OF CHICKEN BROTH. I always keep the cardboard carton in the fridge and usually have plenty on hand. Tonight, no such luck. Due to that my potatoes were not as glazed as they would have been but they were still mighty mighty tasty. I will 100% be making these again because they are a great side dish.

Source: Proceed with Caution

Serves 4

Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds new potatoes, halved or quartered if large
3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
8 garlic cloves, smashed
5 sprigs of thyme ( I used 1.5-2 tablespoons of dried thyme)
coarse salt and ground pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In an 8-inch square baking dish, combine potatoes, broth, vinegar, garlic, thyme; season with salt and pepper. Bake until potatoes are tender and liquid is reduced to a glaze, about 1 1/4 hours, tossing twice.

Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 155
Total Fat: 0.3 g
Sat Fat: 0.1 g
Carbohydrates: 34.3 g
Fiber: 3.9 g
Protein: 4.7 g

** 3 points per 1/4 of the recipe

2 comments:

  1. Yum, these sound great. I'm always looking for new side dishes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have came to love balsamic vinegar. I am going to have to try these.

    ReplyDelete