Friday, October 9, 2009

Oven Roasted Potatoes


I was going through my blog the other day and I was wondering where my oven roasted potatoes were. Then I realized I never blogged them! I make them often and have been making them for years. It is such an adaptable recipe because you can switch the spices up to use whatever you have on hand. They do take a little bit of time to cook but patience is a virtue you need when it comes to potatoes. I can't even tell you how many undercooked baked potatoes I have served in my life. It's embarrassing and I really try not to make them for company since I always mess up! The trick is to insert a fork into the potato- if it goes in and comes out with ease- you're good to go. If you feel resistance or need to push- keep cooking!

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
2 potatoes, washed and diced into even pieces
Lemon juice
Lawry's seasoning salt
Paprika
Onion powder
Garlic powder
Pepper
Parsley
Cooking spray

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 375.
2- Sprinkle lemon juice over the potatoes, toss to coat.
3- Sprinkle the rest of the ingredients over the potatoes until nice and evenly coated, tossing to ensure all seasonings are evenly distributed.
4- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray, add potatoes.
5- Bake for 1 hour or until cooked through. Take out every 20 minutes and stir to ensure all sides brown.

2 comments:

  1. I love oven roasted potatoes because they're so versatile and nice enough to serve to company. Yours look great - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cooked these tonight & they're really, really good! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete