Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sauteed Vegetables in a Pesto Sauce



Happy Mother's Day everyone! If you are a mother I hope you had a wonderful and enjoyable day. If you are not, I hope you had an opportunity to spend it with someone you love. I am so sorry I have been neglecting my blog. I have no excuse... shame on me. I have been barely cooking but it is time to get back on the wagon!

Today we hosted a small dinner party for our immediate families. I will be posting several blog updates this week from the meal. When you think of Mother's Day you think of brunch, barbecues, etc. right? Well... unfortunately my mother couldn't come until after 3 which rules out brunch, and we don't have a grill, so there goes BBQ! I went with an Italian feast because honestly, who doesn't love Italian food?

One of the side dishes I chose was this zucchini. I wanted something light, summery, and healthy. It came out great and was very tasty. I made it ahead of time and warmed it up in the microwave which worked out perfectly. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
5 small zucchini, sliced into thin coins
8 ounces of mushrooms, cleaned
1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
1 cup of pesto sauce

Directions:
1- Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Toss in the zucchini and mushrooms, sauteing until almost completely cooked.
2- Add the canned tomatoes, cook for about 3-4 minutes or until some of the juices are evaporated.
3- Toss in the pesto. Saute until warm throughout. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to put the pesto sauce over the veggies - yum!

    ReplyDelete