Sunday, April 12, 2009

Veggie Pizza



Happy Easter everyone! Today I hosted my first holiday and it went really well! (Well... except when I started a small fire in my oven, but I will tell you that story when I post the potatoes recipe- yikes!) One of the biggest hits was this appetizer. I had seen this appetizer at many parties but never tried it nor made it. I made it today and it was perfect- light and tasty. You can use any vegetables you want to make this pizza. I just used whatever I had on hand. Below is my version- you can find the original here.

Here's a picture of the various appetizers served today, including the pizza:


Ingredients:
2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations™ refrigerated flaky dough sheet
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 less fat and nobody could tell)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch dip mix
1/2 cup of assorted colored peppers, diced small
1/3 cup finely diced spinach
Cherry tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup shredded carrot
2 tablespoons diced purple onion
1/2 cup shredded cheese

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. If using crescent rolls: Unroll both cans of dough; separate dough into 4 long rectangles. In ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan, place dough; press in bottom and up sides to form crust. If using dough sheets: Unroll both cans of dough. In ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan, place dough; press in bottom and up sides to form crust.
3. Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
4. In small bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream, and ranch powder until smooth. Spread over crust. Top with vegetables and cheese. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours before serving.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my fave recipes because it used fresh raw veggies! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very yummy, waht a great way to start the easter feast.

    ReplyDelete