Monday, April 13, 2009

Corn Casserole



This recipe was the hit of Easter dinner! My picture doesn't do it justice, you should really look at Elizabeth's blog to get a better idea of how amazing this stuff is. I assumed it would be good, but I didn't think it would be THAT good. But oooooh it was. I doubled the recipe and it almost all disappeared. I can't wait to make this again!

ngredients
1/4 cup egg substitute or 1 egg
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 (8 3/4-ounce) can no-salt-added whole-kernel corn, drained
1 (8 3/4-ounce) can no-salt-added cream-style corn
1 (8 1/2-ounce) package corn muffin mix
1 (8-ounce) carton fat free sour cream
Cooking spray

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°.

Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well. Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish ( or 9x13 if you double it) coated with cooking spray.

Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until set.

Use a spoon to stir and mash the bread until it is the consistency of mashed potatoes (you could slice it and serve it like corn bread but I think it is better all mashed up).

7 comments:

  1. mmm Steph I love corn casserole! my mom's been making it for years! I get funny looks when I bring it to work or when used to bring leftovers for lunch in HS lol but it's delish!! And so easy to make!!!

    Altho my mom's recipe calls for 1/2cup of chopped white onion, and there's no egg in it at all, but I'm sure it's more or less the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last time I made corn casserole was for Thanksgiving a couple years ago - and it was delicious! This recipe looks awesome too and I'm starring to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the show stealer of the night. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is in my oven with the turkey right now. I can't wait to try it. It smells so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all loved it! Definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made this for my boyfriends family for Christmas and they LOVED it!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made this for my boyfriend's family and they LOVED it! thank you!!

    ReplyDelete