Monday, April 6, 2009

Garlic Rice Pilaf



I love rice pilaf. However I often feel like it is missing something. Growing up my mom would always make the Lipton's rice sides and my favorite was rice pilaf because it had orzo in it. I would always stir in a bit of garlic powder, making it much more appealing to me. I decided to try and recreate the Lipton's version. I just made it up as I went along and this was excellent. It was one of the best side dishes I have made. Also, it is extremely low in calories/WW points because the seasonings and chicken broth don't add many calories at all. I highly recommend this recipe and will be making it time and time again.

Serves 2-3

Ingredients:
1/4 cup white rice (not instant)
1/4 cup orzo
1-1.5 cups of chicken broth
Garlic powder to taste
Onion powder to taste
Cooking spray

Directions:
Spray a small saucepan with cooking spray. Add the orzo and rice.

Allow the rice mixture to lightly brown. Pour in the chicken broth and seasonings. Turn the heat down low, cover the sauce pan. Allow it to cook until the liquid absorbs (about 20 minutes), stirring occasionally.

** 2 Weight Watchers points per 1/2 cup serving.

3 comments:

  1. I made this tonight...Very good! My Family really enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you.. Steph you truly are amazing, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this tonight for dinner, after we were done, I wished I had more left to eat. Yum!

    ReplyDelete