Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Corn Muffins



I love corn muffins. They are by far my favorite type of muffin. I particularly love them toasted with cream cheese (hey- don't knock it until you try it!) I wanted to make some type of bread to go with dinner and decided to go with corn bread. I made corn muffins so they would be perfectly portioned. I got this recipe from Lauren so I knew it would be excellent. She definitely has my favorite food blog and I constantly use/bookmark her recipes. These were really very good. My husband and I both loved them. The directions say 20-25 minutes but mine were a tiny tiny bit over done at 20, next time I think I would do 18 minutes and check them then. Overall very good and I will be making these again!

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
2/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil (I used apple sauce to make them lighter)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray or lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan.In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir in egg, milk and vegetable oil until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.

** 2 Weight Watchers points per muffin when made with applesauce and 2% milk

No comments:

Post a Comment