Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Onion Baked Orzo



I love orzo so much. My recipe for parmesan orzo is one of my favorite side dishes. I saw this recipe for onion baked orzo and knew I would have to try it. I did make several modifications. Below is my version.

This recipe is really yummy- if you are looking for a new side dish give it a try:

Ingredients:

1 cup of uncooked orzo
1 can of chicken broth
1 packet of onion soup mix
Cooking spray
1 small can of sliced mushrooms (optional)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 375. In a small saucepan combine the uncooked orzo and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, allowing the orzo to absorb the broth.

Stir in the onion soup mix and mushrooms. Bake for about 20 minutes uncovered.

1 comment:

  1. My cousin used to make the same kinda thing, except she made tiny meatballs(Italian)about the size of a dime/nickel, and put them in. Try it!

    ReplyDelete