Friday, March 6, 2009

Italian Baked Shrimp



Tonight I knew I was making shrimp but I had no idea how. After talking with my friend Tiff (HI TIFF!) I decided to do something with shrimp and Italian salad dressing. I was thinking of grilling them but that seemed a little boring so I threw together this meal with what I had on hand. Let me tell you... these were great. They far surpassed my expectations and I really enjoyed this. Lightly dusting the shrimp with panko added some texture to the sauce and the shrimp. I wouldn't skip the butter on top of the panko because it does help to make the panko crunchy and golden. I really loved this, as did John, so all around a crowd pleaser.



Ingredients:
20-25 raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup of Italian salad dressing (any variety would work)
1 tablespoon of butter, sliced into thin slivers
Panko
Parsley
Onion powder
Salt and pepper

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 375.
2- In a baking dish, lay the shrimp in a single layer.
3- Sprinkle with the onion powder, salt, and pepper.
4- Pour the Italian dressing evenly on top, covering all of the shrimp.
5- Sprinkle with Panko until the shrimp have a very light coating over top.
6- Evenly place the butter slivers over top of the panko.
7- Top with chopped parsley.
8- Bake until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment