Thursday, December 4, 2008

Orange Garlic Shrimp


I have mentioned before how much I love The Pioneer Woman Cooks food blog. Her humor is fabulous and her recipes are usually so good! This one was no different. This recipe, originally titled Spicy Orange Garlic Shrimp is excellent! I am leaving off the word "spicy" in my version because I substituted the seasonings for what I had on hand and it didn't turn out spicy at all. However, John was obsessed with this and kept going on and on about the sauce. I liked it a lot too. Try it- it's great!

This is how I made it. I made less shrimp then the recipe calls for but kept the sauce the same so that we could use the sauce on our rice.

Ingredients:
20 large shrimp
2 tablespoons of garlic
2-4 cloves of garlic
3/4 cup of orange juice
1 teaspoon Old Bay- I used 1/2 teaspoon Lawy's seasoning salt
1/2 teaspoon of cayenne- I used a few shakes of cajun seasoning

Directions:

Combine the orange juice, minced garlic, and seasonings. Stir well. Set aside.

Melt one tablespoon of butter on HIGH heat. Add the shrimp, starting around the edge of the pan, working your way into the middle. Once all shrimp are in, let sit about 60 seconds. Then start flipping them over, starting with the first one you put in the pan. Let sit for about 60 seconds, shrimp should be pink. Remove the shrimp.

Allow the pan to sit until it smokes a little. Add the orange juice mix. Once it starts bubbling, add the other tablespoon of butter. Allow to bubble. Return the shrimp to the pan, stir to coat. Serve immediately as to not overcook the shrimp.

4 comments:

  1. I loved the sauce! I actually stole some of it from Steph's plate, it was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a recipe using old bay seasoning! I've been looking for more recipes so I can use up some of this spice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes way! You get a sublet taste of the orange in the final sauce which was excellent.

    ReplyDelete