Thursday, December 4, 2008

Homemade Rice-A-Roni



Mmmmm.... Rice-A-Roni... it reminds me of childhood. I loved that stuff so much. When I found this copy cat Rice-A-Roni recipe I was pretty excited. It tasted pretty good! I used garlic chicken broth and added parsley, salt, and pepper since the original recipe didn't call for any seasonings- I think it would be very bland without the seasoning. Overall, pretty good. Not sure if it's better then the boxed stuff, but it is just as easy to make and is tasty.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup raw spaghetti, broken into 1 inch pieces (I would suggest breaking it into 1/2 inch pieces... it was a little long. Also, I used angel hair.)
3/4 cup raw white rice
14 1/2 ounces broth (I used garlic flavored and I think it was perfect for this)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
Seasonings of your choice

Directions:
In medium skillet saute' broken spaghetti pieces in butter, stirring constantly, until the spaghetti begins to brown.

Add rice, stirring until the rice is well coated with the butter and the spaghetti browns a little more. Carefully pour in broth.

Simmer until liquid is absorbed.

1 comment: