Sunday, March 20, 2016

Creamy Skillet Ravioli


Is it just me or is your fridge full of half-used "stuff"? Half a jar of this sauce, half a bottle of that condiment, etc. It makes me nuts. Not nuts enough to be efficient and use them up, instead I often end up chucking jars that seem to have gone from good to questionable... but hey, nobody's perfect, 'm I right?

Growing up my favorite meal was ravioli with sauce. It's still pretty high up there but these days I tend to find it a bit boring. I threw this lil' number together in an effort to use up some of my half-used things (tomatoes and alfredo in this case) and mmmm was it a success. Landon, who eats approximately 1 food, said, "That smells DELICIOUS!" (He didn't taste it- but hey, we can't win them all...) Such an easy meal and it's so so yummy.

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp olive oil
1.5 cups Alfredo sauce (about 1/2 a jar)
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1 package cheese ravioli
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 350.
2- Place tomatoes in an oven-safe skillet. Drizzle oil over the top and set in the oven for about 25 minutes, until the tomatoes skin begins to wrinkle and the juices begin to run out.
3- Meanwhile, cook your ravioli according to package directions.
4- Using a potato masher mash the tomatoes, releasing their juices into the skillet.
5- Stir in the alfredo and the garlic salt, stir well.
6- Gently fold the ravioli into the sauce.
7- Top with the shredded mozzarella. Return to the oven for approximately 15 minutes, until the cheese melts and the sauce bubbles.

1 comment:

  1. Looking delicious to me and ingredients are also healthy, can’t wait to eat this delicious food anymore as I am feeling hunger.

    ReplyDelete