Monday, June 29, 2015

Italian Herb Chicken


Every so often I make something that evolves as I am midway through the cooking process. For example, with this meal, I planned to just have an easy meal of baked chicken with seasonings, but then I wanted cheese...and a crunch to the top... and before you know it, I'm in the kitchen adding on as the meal cooks. Inspiration strikes when it strikes... what can I say?

This meal came out absolutely delicious. It was easy to make but so flavorful. I wouldn't suggest doing this with very thin chicken, I think you need chicken that's at least 1/4" thick so it doesn't dry out. John and I both loved this... in fact, I think I'll be making it again this week!

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts (at least 1/4" thick- not super thin breasts)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup panko
1 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dried parsley

Directions:
1- Combine the chicken, lemon juice, oil, minced garlic, and Italian seasonings in a zipper bag. Shake well. Allow to marinade for at least 1 hour.
2- Preheat the oven to 375.
3- Pour the chicken and marinade into an oven safe dish. Bake for 20 minutes (or until chicken is about halfway cooked, depending on the thickness of your breasts).
4- Remove from the oven. Top with the cheese (1/3 cup per breast) and place back in the oven.
5- In a small bowl combine the panko, butter, garlic powder, and parsley. Use your fingers to mush the butter into the panko, making a thick crumb.
6- Remove the chicken again and top with the panko mix.
7- Bake until chicken is cooked through and the topping is golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment