Sunday, January 25, 2015

OMG Crockpot Chicken


As I've evolved as a cook I rely less and less on easy ingredients and focus on more real ingredients. With that said... this meal is the LEAST "real" meal I've made in a long time! There's tons of processed ingredients, it's full of sodium, and therefore delicious. This recipe was all the rage in an online community I'm in so I decided to try it. John loved it. I liked it. I felt like it was a little "fake" tasting, a little salty, but overall tasty. I ended up keeping it on warm for a long time so the sauce dried up a bit. Next time I wouldn't let it sit on "keep warm" for quite as long as I did. I saved the leftover chicken to turn into paninis which I think will be very tasty! If you're looking for a super easy crockpot meal, this is for you.

Source: Complete Recipes

Ingredients:

2 lbs boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 packet of dry Italian dressing
1 packet of dry ranch dressing
1 8oz pkg of cream cheese

Directions:
1. Throw everything in the crockpot on low and cook 6-8 hours.
2.After about 4 hours of cooking I usually stir everything together- but if you're not home it's no big deal.
3. Just stir about 20 minutes before serving to really mix together the cream cheese and dressing packets.

No comments:

Post a Comment