Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Summer Vegetable Ravioli


A couple weeks ago we took Landon to Sesame Place and came back exhausted. I mean... really, really, really, exhausted. I considered ordering in but it had been a weekend full of eating out and I was really craving a home cooked meal. As I posted in my last post with the summer veggie enchiladas, I always have zucchini and tomatoes lying around once May hits. From May-August, you can pretty much always find these two items in my house! I whipped up this dish and was so pleased with the end results. Landon (as expected) refused to try it since it contained everything he loathes in this world (pasta and vegetables) but that's ok... it left more for John and I! This was very lightly sauced, which is what I wanted. If you want a saucier dish I'd double the chicken broth and tomato sauce.

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
1 pound spinach and cheese ravioli
1 small zucchini, sliced into half moons
1 tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp Italian seasonings
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
1/3 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Basil

Directions:
1- Cook the ravioli according to packaging directions.
2- Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat the butter and garlic. Add the zucchini and cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the Italian seasonings, tomatoes, broth, and tomato sauce. Cook 10 minutes over very low heat.
3- Stir in the cooked ravioli and top with the parmesan cheese and basil, to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment