Monday, June 9, 2014

Banana Fudge Brownies


Weekly (and I mean weekly) I find myself with 1-2 overly ripe bananas. If you're thinking, "Well, Stephanie... buy less bananas..." I will inform you that it doesn't matter if I buy 4 or 10... I still have 1-2 left. Who knows. So anyway, the bananas. Well done. Ripe. Almost rotten. Sometimes they get thrown out, sometimes they get frozen, sometimes they get baked! Into brownies.

I wasn't sure if I'd love these because I tend to be a total purist with my brownies but these were amazingly delicious. I actually brought them to school and fed them to my students as a special treat for them after they finished the NJ-ASK and they were all happy to enjoy this semi-healthy but totally delicious treat. I somewhat regretted sharing them with them.. because, you know... less for me ::wink wink::

Source:  Alida's Kitchen

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups packed brown sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1 cup mashed overripe bananas (2-3, depending on size)
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Cooking spray

Directions:
1- Preheat oven to 350*F. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2-In a large bowl, whisk flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
3-In a medium bowl, stir bananas, milk, oil, and vanilla until well-blended.
4-Add banana mixture to flour mixture, gently stirring until just combined. Add chocolate chips, folding gently.
5-Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (Be careful not to over bake, otherwise the brownie may not be as fudgy). 
6-Move pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into squares to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment