Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Thai Chicken Stir Fry


Once upon a time I used to have the luxury of cooking dinners at a slow pace, chopping each vegetable by hand, and carefully selecting my ingredients while watching whatever I wanted on TV. These days, I have a two year old clinging to my leg screaming, "I WANT TO HELP YOU CUT! I CAN USE A KNIFE!!!!!" while Daniel Tiger plays in the background. So... needless to say, things have changed. A bit. I wouldn't trade it for the world, but the world is definitely a different place than it once was! With that said, I've gotten creative and found some new shortcuts to make dinner easier. I've been using Green Giant's frozen teriyaki vegetable blend in stir fry recipes often and I really like it! If you haven't tried it, I suggest it.

This meal was excellent. I was reluctant to add the peanut butter in because Landon was awake during dinner time, but I'm glad I did. I simply removed his serving before stirring it in, that way we all got to enjoy it but John and I still got to enjoy the peanuty flavor. I love this and plan to make it often. It's so easy... and now I have a jar of chunky peanut butter to use up!

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
1/2 pound chicken tenders, sliced
Salt/pepper
1 tsp Asian seasoning blend
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp sweet red chili sauce
1 tbsp teriyaki sauce
3 tbsp chunky peanut butter
1 package frozen Green Giant teriyaki vegetables, steamed according to box directions

Directions:
1- Toss the salt/pepper/and Asian seasonings over the chicken, stirring well.
2- Heat the oil in the skillet. Add the chicken, cooking until browned and almost cooked through.
3- In a small bowl combine the red chili sauce, teriyaki sauce, and peanut butter. Stir into the skillet.
4- Add the vegetables to the skillet (along with the sauce from the packet). Stir well.
5- Heat all together for about 1 minute. Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment