Monday, November 11, 2013

Chicken Pot Pie Cups


A couple facts for you:

1- This recipe was the first "homemade" meal I made for John when we started to live together 8+ years ago. My cooking was limited but this was so easy I figured even I couldn't mess it up. I made it regularly for the first few years that we were living together but as my cooking evolved I seemed to have forgotten this old classic. A few days ago I wasn't sure what to make for dinner and I was on the phone with my best friend Tiffany when she suggested cheesy chicken cups (which, btw, is what most people call them- but in our house they're pot pie cups) and I couldn't resist.

2- The quality of my pictures directly relates to my hunger. This picture is pretty "meh" which means I was starving. When you see a great picture you can assume that I was mildly hungry or not hungry at all. When I'm hungry I have no patience for setting a scene, arranging my food, etc. So... yeah.. when I made these, I was very hungry, and while my picture doesn't capture it... these are delicious.

Over the many years I've made these I've made them with all the different "cream of" soups and have decided that I personally prefer cream of mushroom, but use what you like! I have also used all different sized refrigerated biscuits, and again, use what you like! I like a lot of crust so I like the Grands biscuits, but I've also used the smaller dinner roll ones and they are great too. Moral of the story- use what you like and you can't go wrong!

Source: Unknown (been making it so many years)

Ingredients:
1 tube refrigerated biscuits (8-12 biscuits per can, depending on how much crust you want)
3/4 cup chopped cooked chicken
3/4 cup Cream of Mushroom soup (or Cream of Chicken, Cream of Celery, etc.)
1/2 cup assorted mixed frozen veggies (you can throw them in frozen)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 400.
2- Press the biscuits into a non-stick muffin tin. Push the dough down in the center and up around the sides as much as you can.
3- In a bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Stir well.
4- Spoon the filling evenly into the biscuits. Fill the cup to the top of each.
5- Bake 20 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden, the filling is hot, and the cheese is melted. (Depending on what variety of biscuits you use it may take more or less time so pay attention to them after 15-20 minutes).
6- Allow to cool 2-3 minutes before removing from muffin tins.

2 comments:

  1. These will definitely be going on a meal plan very, very soon. They look delicious, and I think my boys would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this simple, handheld chicken pot pie recipe. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete