Thursday, August 22, 2013

Chicken Caesar Pasta


Between the ages of 12-20 I think I ordered chicken caesar salad at every restaurant I went to. It was truly my favorite food. I could tell you where it was amazing (the local diner- served it with pita and I loved that, or Ruby Tuesdays- they had those cool brownish croutons I liked as a teenager, or Nordstroms cafe had a good one), and I could tell you where it was pretty meh (I won't list those- it's kind of mean, right?) Now I am a far more adventurous eater and I don't rely on caesar salad like I used to, however now and then it still just sounds so good! When this recipe popped up on Pinterest I immediately pinned it. I mean, c'mon! Pasta+caesar salad... could I be any happier?! Oh wait- there's cheese here too... So it turns out I CAN be happier!

This was really good. I modified it pretty heavily from the original recipe linked below, but I really felt the end results were perfect. It was flavorful, easy, and can be made ahead of time and just thrown in the oven before dinner, which is always a bonus for me!

Source: Heavily adapted from The Mommy Games

Ingredients:
1/2 pound pasta
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup caesar salad dressing
1 tsp garlic powder
1 cup chicken, cooked and chopped
1 cup frozen chopped spinach, water squeezed out
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
1- Preheat over to 350. Cook pasta according to packing directions.
2- Meanwhile, in a skillet combine the broth, salad dressing, and garlic powder over medium heat. Stir well to combine.
3- Add the chicken and spinach, stirring well.
4- Add the pasta to the skillet. Stir in the cheeses. Season with salt and pepper.Transfer pasta to a baking dish.
5- Bake for 30 minutes, covered.

3 comments:

  1. Just to add some crunch, you could crush up some garlic croutons (or make your own) and put it on top! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! I want to try this pasta soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea. Simple food done in a different way. It sounds great.

    ReplyDelete