Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Toddler Tuesdays: Easy Peasy Protein-y Pasta

If you were looking in my kitchen windows nightly (and please don't, that's strange) you'd see Mr. Landon eating this at least once a week. It's a fave around here!



Aside from the more "fun" or creative things I post that I make for Landon there are many standards that I make often. The kid eats the same few things in a steady rotation. I haven't shared them here because most of them are so simple it's ridiculous (think frozen stuff, homemade pizza bagels, quesadillas, etc.) One pasta dish that I make for him often is this one. It's great because the Greek yogurt gets extra protein in him, the sauce blends the flavors so he doesn't tell me "YUCK!" when I give him the peas and carrots, and overall is a successful dinner. If you have a little one try this- I'm pretty sure they'll love it!

Please note: I never make this for all of us (although I could!) so that's why the portion size is so small- I'm making it for one small toddler. If you want to make it for the family you'd need to modify the amounts.

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
1/3 cup very small pasta (small shells, mini egg noodles, ditalini, etc.)
1/4 cup frozen peas and carrots
1 heaping tbsp plain Greek yogurt
2-3 tbsp pasta sauce
2 tbsp parmesan cheese

Directions:
1- Cook pasta according to directions. In the last 2 minutes pour in the frozen peas and carrots to cook with the pasta. Drain.
2- Return the pasta/veggie mixture to the pan. Add the yogurt, sauce, and cheese. Stir well. 
3- Serve hot.

1 comment: