Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Toddler Tuesdays: Applesauce Melts


This is so far from a "recipe", seeing as how there's only one ingredient, but it's so kid friendly- you'll thank me.

Landon loves yogurt melts. You know, those dehydrated disks of yogurt that taste like sour milk? Yup- loves them. He can eat a whole pack in one sitting (and has more than once) so when I saw these applesauce melts on Pinterest I knew I had to try them. I made them quickly one night while he was eating dinner and within an hour they were ready to go. Landon was skeptical at first... he's still unsure about cold things like ice cream/Italian ice/etc. He didn't want to touch them, but once he got the spoon involved he was a happy camper. These are a great treat, especially with the hot summer beginning.

The best thing is you can make as many or as few as you want. You can use any flavored applesauce you like- Landon is a huge fan of the Healthy Harvest blueberry applesauce as well as the Cherry Berry applesauce by Mott's. I can't wait to make a huge batch of these for him soon. I might do some mixed with some Greek yogurt to make a healthy yogurt/fruit snack!

Source: Inspired from Pinterest 

Ingredients:
Applesauce

Directions:
1- Pour applesauce into a zipper bag. Snip off a tiny section of one corner.
2- Squeeze disk shaped applesauce blobs onto a silpat covered baking sheet (or parchment paper). Freeze for one hour- or until set. Remove from sheet- store in a freezer bag.


2 comments:

  1. H loves the yogurt "dots" too and will pretty much do anything for one of those!

    I must try this idea. So simple, yet... I never thought of it. Doh!

    ReplyDelete