Monday, March 11, 2013

Cajun Chicken and Pepper Alfredo


I've mentioned before that the desktop of my laptop looks like mass chaos because of the system I use for blogging. To the average person it probably just looks like scattered pictures, but to me there's a system. The first column is pictures that are already blogged and scheduled but haven't gone live yet. The next column is pictures I plan to blog in the coming week. Then there's pictures that are edited, waiting to be blogged, and lastly the scattered pictures of recipes I've made, edited, and keep putting off sharing for one reason or another. Typically it's because I just shared something similar, or I'm saving it for a special occasion, or it just gets buried. This is an example of a recipe getting buried and left behind for far too long. I made this almost 2 months ago and I am finally sharing it. Believe me, it's not because we didn't love it. We did! In fact I'm shocked I sat on this one so long. I L*O*V*E*D the addition of the tomato paste to the alfredo sauce. It was perfect! A little spicy, a little creamy, a whole lotta yummy.

Source: Slightly adapted from So Tasty So Yummy

Ingredients:
½ pound cooked chicken, cut into chunks
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
1 tablespoons olive oil
½ onion, sliced
1 bell pepper, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
¼ cup white wine
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup light cream
¼ cup grated Parmesan
1 pound cooked fettuccine

Directions:
1- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil over high heat.  Sauté the onion and bell pepper for 3 minutes; add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds more. 
2- Add the tomato paste and Cajun seasoning. Deglaze the pan with the white wine. 
3- Whisk together the cornstarch, broth and light cream. Add the light cream mixture; bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for a couple of minutes to thicken the sauce. When the cream sauce is to desired consistency, stir in Parmesan, chicken and pasta.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I quite enjoyed reading it, you're a great author. I will remember to bookmark your blog and may come back very soon. I want to encourage you continue your great job, have a nice holiday weekend!

    Also visit my page: www.cupcakes-n-macarons.com

    ReplyDelete