Monday, March 25, 2013

Baked BBQ Sriracha Chicken


I disappeared last week. Really for no reason in particular, I often sat down to blog and got distracted. So I apologize! In any case, I made this chicken a few weeks back and we were big fans. The original intention was to grill it which would make it 10,000 times better because I just love the texture and flavor grilling adds, but sometimes being lazy wins. I made a lot of this chicken and used the leftovers in quesadillas and it was excellent! I think next time I'd even use some in a panini with sharp cheddar, bacon, etc. This makes for a great easy dinner- I think it took me 5 minutes to assemble. Best of all it has some spice to it which is always a plus around here.

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
Marinade:

2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp sriracha
3 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp honey
3 tbsp BBQ sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 lb chicken

Sauce:
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
1-2 tsp sriracha
Chopped cilantro (optional)

Directions:
1- Combine all of the ingredients for the marinade in a large ziplock bag, shaking well to mix. Add the chicken to the bag and let marinage for at least 3-4 hours, up to 24.
2- When ready to cook, Remove the chicken from the marinade and place in an oven safe dish. Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked, depending on the thickness of your chicken.
3- While baking, stir the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Brush the sauce over the chicken once cooked. Top with chopped cilantro if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment