Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Raspberry Baked Brie


This year was my fourth year hosting Thanksgiving. I think I finally have it down. The first two years I was frantic. I mean, there's a lot of pressure! It's arguably the biggest meal of the year. The whole day focuses on one thing- dinner! So messing up is really not ok. Now, four years in (and a burnt turkey plus a small oven fire... different years, thank you very much!) I am much more relaxed. However, no matter how relaxed I am, I just cannot photograph that day. Hence the blurry, lacking color, picture above of baked brie. It may not be pretty but it's amazing, and much more appealing looking in person.

I became obsessed with baked brie with raspberry this past year. John and I attended 6 weddings between May and October so we had our fair share of wedding appetizers. One thing that appeared at almost all 6 weddings was raspberry and brie in some form or another. I am hooked. I think this appetizer will be a staple in my home because it's so easy and yet so delicious. I really didn't follow a recipe, I just made it based off the simple ingredients I knew it needed, but it's far from an original recipe. Try this- it'll impress your guests and be absolutely delicious.

Ingredients:
1 sheet puff pastry
1 small wheel of brie (5-8oz)
1/4 cup raspberry preserve

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 350.
2- Slice the brie wheel in half, lengthwise. Cover with the preserve, then place the brie back together (essentially creating an Oreo with the preserve as your filling).
3- Place the brie in the center of the puff pastry sheet. Fold the pastry over the brie. Place fold side down in a baking dish and bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy to see a baked brie recipe without nuts in it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete