Thursday, August 16, 2012

Roasted Garlic Chicken Pizza


Pinterest is one of those things you either love or just don't get the appeal of. I bet you can guess what side I fall on... but if you can't, I love it. I have been using Pinterest for quite some time now to find new recipes and I really can't get enough of it. I am constantly exposed to recipes from blogs I would have never found. I also get the best ideas for my classroom- I spent the past weekend making about 10 things I found on Pinterest for this coming school year and I can't wait to use them! I think what makes Pinterest such a hit for me is that I am an extremely visual person- especially when it comes to food. The first time I saw this pizza I knew it was meant for me. I dreamed about it, longed for it, craved it... and then finally I made it! It uses Philadelphia Cooking Creme which is something I've been meaning to try after hearing my friend Natalie rave about it for quite some time. I am such a fan! I know it's heavily processed, blah blah blah, but boy does it give this pizza some delicious flavor. The only thing I'd do differently next time is use a thicker crust. I used a very thin crust and I just felt the hearty flavors could have benefitted from a sturdier base.

Try it. You won't be disappointed.



Source: Adapted from Gimme Some Oven

Ingredients:
1 head of garlic, roasted
1/2 cup Philadelphia Italian Herb cooking creme
1 batch of pizza dough
2 cups shredded chicken
1 tomato, seeded and diced
1-2 cups shredded Colby-Jack or mozzarella cheese
Parsley

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 425. In a small bowl squeeze the garlic from it's paper and mash into a paste. Stir in the cooking creme until evenly distributed.
2- Assemble your crust. Top with the cooking creme garlic mix.
3- Top with chicken, tomato, and cheese. Sprinkle parsley on top.
4- Bake 12 minutes, or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Serve hot.

1 comment: