Friday, April 27, 2012

Pesto Artichoke Quesadilla


I'm on a bit of a quesadilla kick around here. I just blogged one version a couple weeks ago, I ate a cheese quesadilla for lunch, and now I'm blogging yet another variety. I first saw this recipe on Pinterest and immediately knew I needed it in my life. I mean, pesto? Yum. Tortillas? Yum. Artichokes? Yum. I figured this would be a winning meal and it was. I didn't dip it in anything but next time I might serve it with a little bit of marinara for dipping. It didn't need it, it was full of flavor on its own, but I just think quesadillas need to be dipped in something!

Oh- side note- you might notice that I don't list quantities of ingredients with quesadillas. That's because really you can do this as you wish. I went light on the cheese, heavy on the artichokes on mine. I made John's with an even amount of ingredients. Really you just use as much of each ingredient as you wish!

Source: Adapted from Snixy Kitchen

Ingredients:
Cooking spray
Flour tortillas
Pesto
Cooked chicken
Diced artichoke hearts
Italian cheese blend

Directions:
1- To assemble the quesadillas, brush pesto over one side of the tortilla. Top with chicken/artichokes/cheese. Spread pesto over another tortilla and lay it on top, pesto side facing in.
2- Spray cooking spray over a skillet. Turn the heat up to medium and lay the quesadilla on top. Flip once browned.
3- Cut and serve hot. Serve with marinara if desired.

1 comment:

  1. Lord, these look delicious! I don't mind various quesadilla recipes - they are truly an underestimated food in the culinary world. Or at least that's just my opinion! :)

    ReplyDelete