Friday, April 20, 2012

Honey Spice Chicken Thighs


When it comes to food John is my perfect match. We like most of the same foods, agree on things we don't like, and best of all John is willing to eat whatever I make. Or....was. This meal is where he put his foot down. You're wondering why? Oh... because I used dark meat chicken. I tried to trick him with boneless/skinless thighs. I swore I wasn't going to tell him it wasn't breasts and see if he noticed. First bite I see him examining the color and I blurted out, "It's dark meat but eat it!!!!" Smooth I am not.

With that said, I thought this was awesome. John agreed the sauce/seasoning was fabulous but couldn't get over the dark meat. The seasoning is so flavorful... oh yum... I will make this again (with breasts... since I lost this battle!)

Source: Adapted from Budget Bytes

Ingredients:
4 boneless/skinless chicken thighs
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tbsp cider vinegar
1/2 tbsp chili powder
1/4 tbsp garlic powder
1/8 tbsp paprika
1/4 tsp cumin
Salt and pepper

Directions:
1-  Preheat the oven to 400.
2- Combine all of the ingredients except the chicken, stir well.
3- Place the chicken in a roasting pan or on top of a cooling rack placed in a jelly roll pan. Brush half the mix over the chicken. Bake 15 minutes.
4- Brush the second half over the chicken, baking an additional 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny. I too have tried to trick my husband into eating a beautiful piece of dark meet smothered in something yummy and BAM, first bite in he's like "no thanks" lol. Ahhh..what we wives go through ;-)

    ReplyDelete