Friday, January 27, 2012

Honey Thai Chicken Stir Fry


I don't think I have made stir fry the same way twice... ever. I have so many random Asian condiments in my house that when I make a stir fry I always just toss a bit of this and bit of that until I end up with the flavors I'm looking for. I was in the mood for a sweeter sauce when I made this and knew honey would be a star ingredient. I still have a lot of sweet chili sauce left from when I made Thai chicken bites so I threw some of that in there too for a bit of depth of flavors. The end results? Tasty! The sauce was sweet but not sugary-sweet. It was subtle but complimented the meal nicely. Definitely give it a shot if you're looking for a new stir fry idea!

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
1 tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 pound chicken tenders or breasts, chopped into pieces
2 cups veggies (I used broccoli/carrots/cauliflower, but use what you like)
1/4 cup chicken broth
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp cold water
2 green onions, chopped

Directions:
1- Heat a large skillet or wok with the oil. Add the garlic.
2- Toss the veggies in the pan, stirring regularly, for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine your broth, honey, soy sauce, chili sauce. Stir well. Set aside.
3- Remove the veggies, add the chicken. Cook until almost cooked through. Return the veggies to the pan. Pour the sauce in. Allow to simmer together for about 5 minutes. If the sauce is still thin combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl, mixing well. Pour the cornstarch slurry into the pan- the sauce will begin to thicken immediately. Stir well.
4- Top with the green onions. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment