Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Baked Spinach Dip


Disclaimer: Sorry for the lack of an appealing picture- my son started crying as soon as this came out of the oven and I had to make a snap decision between baby or blog... silly me for choosing baby ::wink wink::

My family has a long running joke that if you like a recipe I make it's too darn bad because I'll never make it for you again. Yeah... somewhat guilty as charged. There are some recipes I repeat often, but most of the recipes I make are only made once. It's not because they're not good, it's because I just love to try new things! However, there is one recipe that I've made so many times I couldn't even count. No exaggeration, I've made it at least 50 times in the past three years if not more. And that recipe is my spinach dip. It's nothing fancy, just the standard Knorr's recipe, but it's my favorite. I never try new versions because there's just no need. However, the other day I found myself with a bunch of random ingredients, most of which were common in a warm creamy spinach dip, so I did some research and found a recipe that worked perfectly. It was warm and cheesy and perfect for an afternoon spent with my sister-in-law and niece!

Source: Adapted from Allrecipes

Ingredients:
10 frozen artichoke hearts, diced
10 oz frozen chopped spinach, squeezed dry
1/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1 tsp. garlic powder

Directions:
1- In a large mixing bowl combine all of the above ingredients, stirring well to combine. Transfer to an oven safe dish.
2- Bake on 350 for about 25-35 minutes, until hot throughout.
3- Serve with tortilla chips.

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to try this!!! The best part is this is a warm dip that doesn't use mayo!!!!

    ReplyDelete