Sunday, August 14, 2011

Watermelon Frozen Yogurt Popsicles


This pregnancy has made me crave two things I don't normally care for: chips and water ice. We go to Ralph's, a local Italian ice chain, quite often. We even had them come to our wedding to give out Italian ice when our guests left... we take our ices quite seriously ::wink wink::. However I always get the heavy cream ice which is like a slushier ice cream... yet since being pregnant nothing is more appealing than water ice- lemon in particular. When this ice pop recipe popped up on Cassie's blog I knew I had to make them. It was a healthier way to cure my constant need for fruity water ice. The best thing about this recipe is the possibilities. I'm already imagining a pineapple version- yum. Just change the fruit and even the yogurt and you have a new flavor. These are creamy and taste exactly like the fruit you use because... well... they're made from fruit! Yes, I am clearly Captain Obvious today, I apologize. Even my dad who was skeptical really liked them. Before the summer ends and all of the great fruit disappears give these a shot!

Source: Cassie Craves

Ingredients:
2 cups seedless watermelon, diced
1 6-8 oz carton vanilla yogurt
1 tbsp sugar

Directions:
1- In a food processor combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into ice pop molds and freeze according to the directions for the molds (mine required 4-6 hours but I let them go overnight to be sure).

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked these! I really like the idea of doing a pineapple version. I even found some banana pineapple orange yogurt at the store, which would be perfect in these.

    ReplyDelete