Monday, August 8, 2011

Mediterranean Pasta


I always have odds and ends on my fridge. Half a lime, a few ounces of gorgonzola, some chopped spinach... you get the drill. Typically my odds and ends don't make any sense, don't jive together, and eventually decompose get tossed. One day in an effort to not be wasteful I googled recipes I could make using my odds and ends and landed on this pasta. TA-DA!!! I was so excited. And best of all? It was delicious! John and I were both thrilled with this pasta dish. To be honest I don't love pesto unless it has some form of tomato mixed in so this was right up my alley. I wasn't sure how the feta would go over with John but he seemed pretty into it. He even liked the leftovers which is a huge accomplishment in this household.

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original, Inspired by Cooking Light

Ingredients:
1/2 pound pasta
1 cup pesto sauce
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained
Salt & pepper
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

Directions:
1- Cook pasta according to packaging directions, drain and set aside.
2- Meanwhile, dice the tomatoes small. Add them to a small sauce pot along with the pesto sauce. Heat to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
3- Toss the pasta with the pesto and 1/4 cup of feta. Top with the additional 1/4 cup feta.
4- Serve hot.

1 comment:

  1. Kraft's Recipe website allows you to put in up to 3 ingredients and receive back recipes using the ingredients you listed. Definitely my favorite feature and I've found some good finds using it!

    ReplyDelete