Thursday, April 28, 2011

Double Fudge Brownies


I can't make brownies. I just can't. I try, but if they don't come from a box I just fail at making brownies. They are often raw, and if they're not raw they're burnt. Brownies are my archenemy. I am impatient- I cut into them too soon, often before they are set. I just can't master them!

For some reason I decided I need to try to make brownies again for Easter. My amazing family was bringing the desserts, but I wanted to have some small dessert to contribute to my dinner, so I found this simple recipe. I was so skeptical about them. I really thought they weren't going to work out, but I made them a day in advance and let them sit covered over night. I sliced them the following day, and Ta-DAAAA! Beautifully, fully cooked brownies. I didn't get a good picture of these bad boys (thanks to the 30 things I had cooking that day) but I couldn't not my post my first successful brownie experience. Everyone loved these, so maybe brownies and I won't be enemies much longer...

Source: Very Best Baking

Ingredients:

2 cups chocolate chips, divided
1 stick butter
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cup flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking soda

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350- grease a 9x13 pan.
1- In a medium saucepan melt the butter. Add 1 cup of chocolate chips and stir well, until melted. Remove from heat.
2- Set aside and allow to cool for about 5 minutes. Break in the eggs, stirring well after each egg.
3- Stir in the flour, granulated sugar, vanilla, and baking soda. Once well combined add in the other cup of chocolate chips.
4- Pour into the greased pan. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted on the center comes back slightly sticky (you may hit a chocolate chip, so test a few times to make sure it's done and not just melted chocolate chips your hitting).
5- Once it's done, place the tin on a wired rack to cool. Top with a sprinkling of additional chocolate chips while still hot, if desired.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love the feeling of mastering something in the kitchen. I haven't had much luck with brownies either just recently, I blogged about the recipe I used. My brownies would fall apart and crumble, probably because I am very impatient and wouldn't wait for them to set. I did this time and was so glad. :)

    ReplyDelete