Sunday, November 28, 2010

Compound Herb Butter


I love butter. A lot. I wish I loved spinach the way I love butter. Sigh...

While I love butter I have a deep, undying love for flavored butters. Herb butter, honey butter, agave butter... oh babbbyyyyy. So for Thanksgiving I decided to make some fun butters. I went with a simple honey butter and this compound herb butter.

This butter was so easy to make that I wonder why I never thought to do this before. Best of all, it takes about 5 minutes but the results make it look like you spent a lot of time in the kitchen. It looks impressive yet it really isn't difficult.

I loved the way this stuff tasted. Next time I'd use less garlic- I LOVE garlic, but it was a bit much for me. I used two cloves but one would have been perfect. I doubled the recipe and used half to smother all over my turkey. The half that didn't coat the turkey got piped into pretty little butter dishes. I must admit that I loved the way it looked even more than I loved the way it tasted... but I'm weird like that.


This recipe will be a regular in my entertaining experiences, that's for sure.

Source: Annie's Eats


Ingredients:
8 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
1-2 cloves garlic, very finely minced
1 tbsp. fresh basil, finely minced
1 tsp. fresh dill, finely minced
1 tsp. fresh thyme, finely minced
½-¾ tsp. kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.  Mix well with a spoon until combined and all ingredients are evenly incorporated.  To serve, pipe butter into small serving dishes with a decorative pastry tip.  
Alternatively, place the butter mixture onto plastic wrap, form into a log, wrap tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve.  Allow to come to room temperature before serving so it is spreadable.

1 comment: