Friday, July 9, 2010

Buffalo Shrimp Quesadillas


The more I cook the less I frequent chain restaurants. I prefer to spend my money at restaurants where there are real chefs making food that I can't make at home. I hadn't eaten at a chain restaurant in a long long time until recently when my sister and I went to Ruby Tuesday's. As I was looking over the menu I saw they had buffalo shrimp quesadillas. I was intrigued, but there was no way I was going to order that at a restaurant. I figured it would be dripping in butter and cheese. However I immediately went home and made them for John and I for dinner.

These came out really well. John loved them, but then again he loves anything with buffalo sauce. I thought they were good but I thought the texture of the shrimp inside the quesadilla was strange. I assure you this is my own personal weirdo issues and nobody else would even notice, so unless you are a weirdo like me you won't mind the texture! This is not the healthiest meal but it's a lot healthier than the option I would have had at Ruby Tuesday's. If you like buffalo shrimp this is definitely a good one to try.

Ingredients:
Whole wheat tortillas
Shredded swiss cheese
1 batch of buffalo shrimp
Optional ingredients: diced celery, shredded carrots, spinach
Ranch or blue cheese dressing (for dipping)

Directions:
1- Cook shrimp according to the recipe directions. Chop into bite sized pieces and set aside.
2- Spray a large griddle with nonstick cooking spray. Place down a whole wheat tortilla. Heat over medium heat.
3- Add 1/4 cup of shredded swiss. Top with some diced shrimp and whatever veggies you want to use. Sprinkle a bit more cheese over top.
4- Top with another tortilla. Flip after the first side is golden.
5- Cook until both sides are golden and the cheese is melted. Repeat the process for as many quesadillas as needed.
6- Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing (optional).

1 comment:

  1. i'm totally with you--chain restaurants are ick and i avoid them as much as i can!

    these look awesome though--can't wait to try them soon!! great recipe!

    ReplyDelete