Thursday, May 13, 2010

Quesadilla Italiano


If you are at all like me you think pizza is one of the best foods around. I mean cheese, bread, sauce... what's not to like? Needless to say I love making pizza at home as much (if not more) than going out. I was craving pizza the other day but I didn't have enough bread flour to make dough, or any frozen crusts. Enter multigrain flour tortillas.

I decided to go with a pizza quesadilla instead of just sauce and cheese on top of a tortilla. Oh man... so tasty. I used Italian inspired ingredients and seasonings, resulting in an easy and delicious meal. John and I both loved this meal and I think it will be making a regular appearance in the Stephanie Cook's kitchen!

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:

Yields 1 quesadilla

1 multigrain flour tortilla
1/4 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
4 grape tomatoes- diced small
2-3 basil leaves, sliced thin
Italian seasonings
1/4 cup marinara sauce
Cooking spray

Directions:
1- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Place the tortilla down. Top with the cheese, diced tomatoes, and shredded basil.
2- Sprinkle with Italian seasonings.
3- Fold in half. Allow to crisp on one side, flip and crisp the other side.
4- Slice in half, serve with warm marinara sauce.

**6 points per quesadilla and sauce when prepared with a 3 point tortilla

No comments:

Post a Comment