Monday, May 10, 2010

Mini Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins


A few months ago I decided I should be eating oatmeal for breakfast. It's healthy, filling, etc. I was sure I needed some of this in my life. So I went and bought a box of the instant flavored packets, figuring it was easy. Well... I'm just not a fan. I had one packet, thought it tasted sweet and wasn't super filling, and now have 9 packets left. Greeaaaatttttt. Then, like an answered prayer, this recipe popped up in my Google reader. I starred it, did a few happy jumps around the living room, and promptly made them.

These muffins are amazing. I had one (or two... but who's counting?) straight from the oven. I could have eaten them all! These were just so good. I am so excited for breakfast tomorrow... I'm almost tempted to go to bed early just so I can wake up and eat these. If you have packets of oatmeal laying around give them a shot.

Source: Carrots 'N' Cake

Ingredients:

5 packets of cinnamon instant oatmeal (or any flavor)
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1/4 cup canola oil

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350*F
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl
Coat a mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray
Pour batter into muffin cups
Bake for 15-20 minutes
Allow to cool and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I saw these on her blog! I make unhealthy mini muffins for my son all the time. And I really hate baking, so I'm definitely going to try these for an easier, healthier version. I'm glad you tried them first and approve ;)

    ReplyDelete