Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cajun Fries


I would go out on a limb and say that I could eat french fries every day and not get sick of them. Yup. I love them- all varieties too. Skinny, crunch, wedges, crinkle cut, waffle cut, steak fries, seasoned fries... oh gosh, now I am drooling. I just love fries. I haven't had an order of fries at a restaurant in so long but I was just craving a plate of spicy seasoned fries. I figured I could bake them up at home for a fraction of the calories so I went with these. The seasoning was excellent- I unfortunately burnt them a bit (incase you couldn't tell from the picture haha!) but they were still tasty. I ate all of mine-burnt and all.

Source: Stephanie Cooks Original

Ingredients:
1 large Russet potato (11-12 ounces)
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
Dash of salt
Cooking spray

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 400.
2- Scrub the potato, slicing it into quarters. Working with one quarter at a time, slice the potato into thin slices.
3- Spray the potato slices with cooking spray.
4- In a gallon sized Ziploc, combine the seasoning and shake well. Add the potatoes to the bag and shake hard, coating the potatoes.
5- Lay the potatoes on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
6- Bake approximately 30 minutes, flipping halfway though.

** 3 points for half the recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment