Sunday, January 3, 2010

Grilled Shrimp and Pineapple Kebabs



Ahhh... so it's a new year, full of new resolutions. I for one refuse to make resolutions. Quite frankly they just set me up for failure. I have recommitted to a healthier lifestyle, but I made that change about 3-4 weeks ago. You might not be able to tell from all the fatty foods I uploaded but all of them were made for others. So what have I been making for us? Tons of yummy stuff- I can't wait to update my blog with these delicious recipes. I made these on New Year's Day. I ate a LOT on New Year's Eve and really needed some healthy light meals the following days. This recipe was perfect. The taste was truly wonderful. Grilled pineapple is one of the best flavors around!

My only issue with making this was the way I thread my shrimp on the skewer. They weren't all even, making it hard to get the heat evenly distributed. Annoying. I had to keep pushing the little shrimpy guys down and it was driving me nuts. The end results were worth it- light, flavorful, and ridiculously easy!

Source: Adapted from Cooking Light

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 kebabs)

Ingredients
SAUCE:
1/4 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce

KEBABS:
48 large peeled and deveined shrimp (about 1 1/2 pounds)
32 (1-inch) pieces cubed fresh pineapple (about 3/4 pound)
Cooking spray

Directions:

Prepare grill.

To prepare kebabs, thread 6 shrimp and 4 pineapple chunks onto each of 8 (10-inch) skewers. Brush kebabs with teriyaki sauce. Place kebabs on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 8 minutes or until shrimp are done, turning once.

** 5 points per 2 kebabs

Nutritional Information
Calories: 254 (14% from fat)
Fat: 4g (sat 0.7g,mono 0.8g,poly 1.6g)
Protein: 35.6g
Carbohydrate: 17.6g
Fiber: 1.9g
Cholesterol: 259mg
Iron: 4.6mg
Sodium: 514mg
Calcium: 110mg

No comments:

Post a Comment