Saturday, December 19, 2009

Jam Thumbprints



I love cookies. All types really. But when it comes to cookies I naturally gravitate towards chocolate, sugar cookies, or peanut butter. I made a list of cookies for my holiday cookie platters and knew I was missing something but couldn't figure out what. When I showed my list to John he immediately said "Cookies with jam." Ahhhh.... true. I just never think of this variety! These were easy to make and resulted in a tasty and delicious cookie. The cookie itself is buttery and light. I used strawberry jam and was very pleased with the results. Next time I would like to use a variety of jams to create some options. If you are looking for a last minute addition to your Christmas baking give these a shot!

Source: All Recipes

Ingredients

3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
2 egg yolks
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup fruit preserves, any flavor

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and egg yolks. Mix in flour a little bit at a time until a soft dough forms. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. If dough is too soft, refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes. Place balls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Use your finger or an instrument of similar size to make a well in the center of each cookie. Fill the hole with 1/2 teaspoon of preserves.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown on the bottom. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment