Thursday, November 5, 2009

Blue Cheese Orzo



My favorite side dish is parmesan orzo. I have made it so many times that I don't need to think when I make it. The ingredients just seem to mingle together naturally and without any effort on my part. I have been meaning to try a new orzo recipe so I was excited to try this one. I made it with the buffalo shrimp I posted awhile back and it was the perfect pairing. This orzo was delicious. I loved the creaminess of the cheeses combined with the pasta and spinach. I will tell you that a little bit goes a long way since this stuff is so rich. I probably ate 1/4 cup of this stuff and was fully satisfied. Yum- I can't wait to make this again.

Source: Inspired by All recipes

Ingredients:
2/3 cup of orzo
1 can of fat free chicken broth
1 tablespoon butter
2 heaping tablespoons mascarpone cheese
2 tablespoons blue cheese
1/3 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and wrung out
Salt and pepper

Directions:
1- Heat the butter in a small skillet. Add the orzo, stir until some pieces are browned.
2- Pour in the chicken broth, cook until most of the liquid absorbs and the pasta is cooked.
3- Add the spinach and cheeses. Stir until well combined. Taste- add seasonings as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment