Monday, August 3, 2009

Blueberry and White Chocolate Biscotti


I have mentioned numerous times that I am part of a cooking forum. It was decided a few weeks ago that we would start doing ingredient challenges every two weeks. An ingredient is decided on and then you cook with it. Easy peasy lemon squeezy (as my first graders would say!) The first ingredient that was selected was blueberries. I decided to make a blueberry biscotti. I looked through many recipes but for some reason the one that really caught my eye was actually a very semi-homemade recipe. It used a boxed muffin mix as the base and then added on from there. As fate would have it as soon as I decided to make these my sister told me she had just gone blueberry picking and had some fresh blueberries for me! I was thrilled to use her blueberries and not have to buy some.

Overall these were easy to make and delicious. Honestly these were the most amazing smelling things I have ever baked. From the second I started making them John and I were both drooling. I am going to invest in a blueberry candle to attempt to recreate that delicious smell! An easy recipe that is definitely worth a try.

Source: Adapted from Very Best Baking

Ingredients:
1 pkg. (18.25 to 18.9 oz.) blueberry muffin mix with can of blueberries, blueberry can discarded or set aside
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted and cooled slightly
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup of white chocolate chips
1 cup of fresh blueberries, washed and dried

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease two cookie sheets or use a silpat.
2- Mix muffin mix, flour, butter and eggs just until combined in large bowl. Stir in one cup of chocolate chips and fresh blueberries.
3-Shape half of the dough into a 12-inch-long roll (dough may be sticky). Place on a prepared cookie sheet; flatten slightly until about 2 inches wide. Repeat with remaining dough.
4- Bake for 25 minutes and allow to cook for 1 hour.
5- Cut each roll diagonally into 3/4-inch slices with serrated knife. Place slices, cut sides down, on ungreased baking sheets.
6- Bake 10 minutes. Flip, and bake another 6-8 minutes, until lightly golden.

3 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to make biscotti and this sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love white chocolate with ANYthing and this looks especially delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so good babe. They went pretty fast and lotta good complements from people at work.

    ReplyDelete