Saturday, July 25, 2009

Oatmeal Crispies


I have a big container of oatmeal that needs to be used up. I don't like oatmeal but I do love cooking with it. I decided to try out a new oatmeal cookie recipe and these were excellent. They are paper thin and crispy on the edge while still soft in the center. I will say I had my doubts when I saw the batter- it was runny and liquidy. Not your typical cookie batter at all- you certainly won't be tempted to try the batter! Even with the not-so-appealing batter the cookies were delish!

You can see how thin they are in this picture:

Source: All Recipes

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup rolled oats or quick cook oats
3 tablespoons self-rising flour (I used all purpose and they were perfect)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon (optional)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Melt butter over low heat. Pour into bowl and stir in the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.
Drop on one inch apart by the teaspoonful onto parchment paper. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until light golden brown. Let cool on rack.

2 points per cookie

2 comments:

  1. yum! i wish i lived near u so i could steal a cookie every time u bake some! :d

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I've been looking for..thank you!

    ReplyDelete