Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lime Chicken Tacos


Growing up we never had Mexican food. I never went to a Mexican restaurant or even Taco Bell for that matter. It wasn't until I started dating John 5 years ago that I first tried Mexican. It has been a learning curve for me. When I first started eating it I didn't love the flavors but with time they have grown on me and I like it more. One thing I really like is chicken tacos (but not with ground meat- just regular chicken!) I saw this recipe and immediately knew I wanted to try it. It was awesome. I loved the flavor and it was so easy to make. John was a big fan so I am sure this will make another appearance in our house.

Source: Loves to Eat

Ingredients:
1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 cup corn
1 cup salsa
12 Taco shells, hard or soft
Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and shredded lettuce, optional

Directions:
Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.

Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred and return to the slow cooker. Stir in corn and salsa. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve in shells with sour cream, cheese and lettuce if desired.

4 comments:

  1. Now this is my kind of recipe. Super simple and super tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those look delicious! I just added them to my menu for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful and a great alternative to the usual beef tacos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look awesome - we love tacos and I will definitely have to try these soon!

    ReplyDelete